co-taught by Alexandra Beller and Stevie Oakes
12 students maximum
Feb 25-Apr 29 (No March 18th or April 15th)
@ Gus Solomons Studio
889 Broadway, NYC
This course is intended for both new teachers, who want to understand how to efficiently structure their material, and experienced teachers, who want to interrupt their habits and deepen their practices. We will focus on some of the essential facets of skilled teaching, including
• working from a personal voice and mission.
• developing a class session architecture that allows for growth.
• finding the balance between planning and improvising.
• deepening the ability to meet students where they are.
• inventing creative imagery and accessing clear language.
• learning about injury prevention and rehabilitation through concise anatomical understanding.
• writing about your work in a way that is evocative, clear, and compelling.